The bereaved (D5, Late Eve, OPEN)

Re: The bereaved (D5, Late Eve, OPEN)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:17 pm

"A good start," she confirmed.

"Then, Asako-sama. There is someone you should meet and another you should speak to again. My sister, Shinjo Liu Yue, she was there when Otaku Chi Pu gave her life. Given some time, I am sure she will be more than agreeable to helping you understand the story as it was beyond rumor."

"For the other," she glanced away for a brief moment. "I do not know many Courtier, but Bayushi Suteichi-san is a man who knows how to fight with words. That seems to me to be what you wish to learn how to be able to do. If you meet him, if you wish to ask this of him... tell him I sent you his way. With that recommendation I think he will offer to help you as best he can."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:32 am

A Scorpion. That made a great deal of sense and there were rather a lot of them here. And the use of reference...

Hirase studied Liu Fei, losing the pre-occupation of sorrow in his sudden interest. Yes, one with her personality might do very well in such a Clan.

"I see." A small nod. "I will see if I can catch Bayushi-san after the contests. I would see your sister again in any case. She has been generously continuing my riding instruction. This just gives us something else to discuss instead of the terms for things related to riding." A dark smile suddenly rose over his lips. "Though I will certainly not bring my son for that particular day's lesson."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:22 am

"It would be best not to," she agreed on that note. Though raising a child was far from her level of experience. Regardless, she wore a satisfied smile after that point.

"Set your mind to that Asako-san, and know the woman's horse is in good hands," she said, half turning in such a way to direct him past her toward the exit.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:26 am

Aware of social cues, the Asako obediently began walking that way.

"I should have asked at once...your sister wasn't hurt in the fight, I hope?" He asked with genuine concern in his voice, glancing over at Liu Fei as he went. "Based on the damage to the field, it must have been a trying battle for everyone."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:43 pm

"Nothing major, Asako-san. Yue is a strong girl. I am sure you can see that in her. Regardless, thank you for your concern Asako-san," she said with a light bow of the head to that regard as he passed. When he did, she took in step just to the side but still sorta behind him.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:49 pm

It was a bit strange to talk to someone behind him, yet Hirase was not going to be so rude as to stop and try to move back into what he thought the proper order. Instead, he kept walking, turning his head a bit for conversation's sake.

"Good. She is a fine young woman and has been hurt in battle already. I would have been dismayed to hear Bishamon had seen fit to press her still further, though I am confident she would have upheld the burden admirably."

Moving through the dark stables, he asked, quietly, "What will happen to Tianma? Do horses belonging to lost Battle Maidens retire?"

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:53 pm

"That depends Asako-san," she said, likewise feeling the positioning awkward but she maintained it in order to keep her silent point and direction of keeping him moving out.

"If I understand correctly Otaku Chi Pu's horse did not have many years of service left. Soon she would have been retired anyway, I doubt they will make the effort to train her with someone new. It is sad. However it appears the horse has likely earned an early retirement. At least she will not have to suffer such grief again."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 pm

"Do horses make friends among their own kind?" He knew, vaguely, that they ran in herds but beyond that was clueless. "If so, I will hope that she has such a one here to comfort her when she's let out of her pen again. She will be allowed to run free with them in time, surely?"

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:22 pm

"Otaku respect their horses with a devotion unlike anyone else," she said to settle that worry. "One of the men will take to looking after her and she will be sure to make friends among the other retired horses. Perhaps even a few enemies," she finished with a chuckle.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 pm

"Good, then." He felt better about the whole thing now and smiled. "It's kind of you to reassure me. Arigatou."

Reaching the stable doors, he turned and bowed politely. "I won't trouble your horses further. Nor yourself. Have a good evening, Shinjo-san."

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 pm

"Thank you, and good luck Asako-san," she offered in way of parting. Offering the customary bow.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 pm

His bow followed hers before the Asako headed off into the night.

/exit

Asako Hirase

Previous

Return to The Stables