Nothing to Hide (day 8 Early afternoon)

Nothing to Hide (day 8 Early afternoon)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 pm

This might not be the best location for the following conversation, Chi-pu had died near here after all, but it was the place he picked nonetheless. He enjoyed the water and the prints he had noticed last night indicated it only got the occasional visitor, a rare thing at this miai. It meant that he and his guest would likely have at least a little privacy.

While he waited for Imane's arrival he had Noboru attempt to climb some of the rocks near the pond's shore. He would need to be a strong puppy if he was going to be victorious today.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Re: Nothing to Hide (day 8 Early afternoon)

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:57 am

"Good girl Asha, you are finally performing admirably." The Moto clearly had a sense of humour: as Imane came into view it appeared she was accompanied by a full-sized dog. In fact some wit had just given the biggest puppy to one of the smallest participants...

As Asha bounded forward to greet Noburo, Imane bowed and offered a polite smile to Daisuke. "Good afternoon Ichiro-san, are you well today? No need for Nigori I hope."

She paused to take a look around at the scene of her friend's death. The creature must have been immense.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:08 am

Noboru tumbled off his rock in his excitement to meet his new friend, he recovered quickly though, bounding forward tail wagging as the bigger dog arrived.

"No, and if I did need it, this little friend of mine would of kept me to distracted to enjoy it." He replied before returning her bow. "But I'm well Otaku-sama, thank you for asking. I hope you can say the same?"

He watched as she began to look around the area, speakign a few moments later. "I hope it's okay that we meet here, I didn't know anywhere else that would be so open, and available for private conversation."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:53 am

As the dogs neared each other they paused to sniff and determined that they were in fact destined to be the very best of friends. There was much yapping and happy chasing.

"I'm pleased to hear you are well, and to tell you I have no sign of that prior ah, illness. My head did not feel like I am playing the drums, even when I am not."

She smiled and watched him a few moments before looking back at the pond. "All is well. This is where a hero fell, performing heroic deeds. We all aspire to such things eventually, and we praise her​ memory in the meantime." A slight pause followed. "But thank you for asking, and for asking to meet me again."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:13 am

He couldn't help but chuckle lightly at her comment about the drums, a small smile gracing his own lips, something seldom seen the day before. "Good, I'd hate to think sake would bother you so, it might mean we'd never get to share a cup together again." Was that to forward?

"That's true, I wish I had gotten to know her better, even though we determined shortly after meeting we were not likely to make a good match, I still liked her." He repressed a small sigh, this wasn't what he had asked her here to talk about.

Luckily Imane provided a easy change in conversation, one that would bring him closer to what he wished to speak about. "Thank you for accepting the Invitation Otaku-sama, I admit I've been wanting to meet you again and without a drink in my hand. Though I admit that's not the only reason I asked you here."

He turned to face her, hoping to catch her eyes with his own. "I owe you a apology Otaku-sama." He said dipping into a deep bow. "You graceed me with a song yesterday, and to my shame I was not there to hear it."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Asha was training her strength much like Noboru, although with much less style.

Imane smiled at Daisuke's comment about sake. "I would be happy to share a cup with you again Ichiro-san. I am sure we will find time before the end of the miai."

She nodded at the mention of Chi-Pu. Imane had never really gotten around to asking what her sister was looking for in a man. She looked up, wondering if her spirit was looking down, and what she would think.

Daisuke's attention brightly her eyes back down to meet his and she smiled more shyly. "Yes, it is nice that we can meet like this Ichiro-san, with nothing to cloud our perceptions." He was still cute, which was a relief.

When he bowed she was surprised but mostly hid it. "I suppose I was hoping that you had missed it completely rather than that the song itself made you leave." There was a little teasing tone in her voice but then she added. "You are forgiven Daisuke-san. It was a... strange afternoon, and the Moto choice of challenge was somewhat unusual for most."
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Calling Noboru's training stylish, was perhaps a bit generous. As at the moment he was running in circles around Asha, trying to encourage some play wrestling.

"In the next day or two then." Honestly that was all the time they had. Then there was the fact that he needed to find some sake.

"I agree, it's refreshing." Under the light of the sun, he could confirm once again how attractive he found her, more attractive then many of the women here.

"Thank you." He replied as he straightened from his bow. "I'd have to agree, it was strange and honestly I didn't know what to make of it, but still you showed courage singing yesterday, and a regard for me I admit I didn't expect."

A slight red tinged his cheeks as he continued. "Thus I was wondering if there was something I could do to demonstrate to you, that my feelings are similar"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon May 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Given the damage that Asha would soon inflict upon the puppy training course, 'stylish' didn't seem so inappropriate for describing Noboru. He at least seemed able to run around and onto things, rather than exclusively into them.

Imane's face turned a shade more golden as she blushed a little too. "It is hard to believe that this will all be over soon Ichiro-san. It is like a hard day's riding with Almatar: joyous, exciting, but over before it even seems to have begun."

Her colour deepened a little more as she continued. Must have been the heat of the day... "The Moto are firm believers in marriage for love, or at least for romance to play a strong role in marriage. When I was told what the judges were looking for it was you I pictured Ichiro-san. So... Here we are, thanks to a romantic instinct." She smiled shyly, and brushed at her hair with her left hand.

"My mother carried my father off on her horse, she didn't really give him any choice, but I often wonder if he would have chosen to raise two girls. So I am curious. Can you imagine yourself looking after our children while I train a new mount? Could you wait years for Almatar to retire before we had a family? Does any of that change how you see me? Tell me how you picture our future Ichiro-san."

She watched him with those blue-grey eyes. Curious. Hopeful. But without judgement. She was Shiotome, and with great power came great responsibility.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 am

Noboru was a surprisingly skilled puppy, despite Daisuke lack of skill in training, able to climb up onto rocks, and leap down, only tumbling during the landing half the time. Fighting seemed to be his favorite past time though, which may cause some trouble in the future.

"Yes, I'm not sure how to feel about it now. It's not been anything like I expected and now that it's almost over, we'll I can't tell if I'm excited or nervous about what's to come. It was probably a little of both though.

There it was that L word, he hadn't been able to say it himself and hearing her say it caused the red to color his face even more. It must be a very warm day indeed. "Romantic instinct..." He trailed off. "I can't say I'm very good at romance Otaku-sama, a romantic man would of already told you how lovely your eyes were after all. Or be able to pay you all the other compliments you deserve, but I'll try if that's what you wish for."

He looked down his features turning thoughtful as he did his best to answer her question. "I've been thinking of those things since I first heard about it, and to be honest at first I didn't like the idea. I don't know if I'm ready to spend all my time raising children after all, but then I thought about it once again."

He looked up his bright blue eyes meeting with hers. "Those years before we would start a family would be the time I had to do what I could, what I would like to do, to prepare myself to raise our children, among many other things. It's true it wouldn't be long but it i believe it would be enough."

So, the answer is no, it doesn't change how I see you. I find you to be the most honorable, honest, and beautiful of all the women I've met here, and to be your husband would be more of a blessing then I deserve."

"As for the future, I see us happy, with many children around. I see us spending quiet nights together over sake, and riding across the plains to spend moments alone under the bright sun. I see us growing old and welcoming grandchildren into this world. I see all off this and more."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 am

Asha liked to fight too, although she seemed to prefer the headbut above any sort of tactics or strategic thinking. Head down, charge, use bodyweight. It was perhaps a clue to her performance​ later in the day.

Imane was also feeling a little heat from the sun, obviously that was the explanation for the warmth of her cheeks. Her heart was beating a little faster too. Dehydration?

"I... Thank you, for being honest with me. Clearly you do have a romantic heart Daisuke-san." She had not called him that before and the accent made it sound foreign and exciting. She smiled bashfully. "And...I think... I would like to live in this future you see. If the heavens will allow it." She looked up, partly to avoid her face from exploding due to the feelings she was experiencing.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 03, 2017 2:46 am

The tactic was rather effective against the smaller dog, and often as not Noboru was sent tumble, he was a tough little pup though and always rose to face another challenge.

Daisuke on the other hand was nowhere near as composed, the sun was certainly getting to him, his face red and his heart beating so lod he thought Imane would be able to hear it. It would be wise to find some shade soon, or jump into the pond, that was stating to seem like a valid option.

Hearing her address him by his name sent a small shiver down his spine, and before he knew it found himself taking a step forward a hand reaching out to touch her chin, his fingers a whisper on her skin as he tried to pull her gaze down. He wanted to see her eyes again.

Taking a calming breath, his tongue darted out to wet his parched lips, before he spoke. "If the heavens allow it Imane-san, nothing would make me happier."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 12:19 am

Asha eventually got bored with the play fighting and started running into the water to swim. Then ran out again to spray water everywhere. This was repeated over and over again with the tireless enthusiasm of youth.

Imane's mind was racing. All she could hear was the voice of her sensei yelling: NO TOUCHING! It was hard to resist the urge to twist away from his touch and pull her katana out. Then again, there was something enticing about that touch and instead of gutting him with her blade she looked deeply into his eyes.

The moment stretched out into long seconds and she slowly reached up her hand to touch his own tenderly. "Then I will pray the heavens look kindly on us Daisuke-san. And I will remember this moment."

She thought about how much she wanted to kiss him, but instead simply squeezed his hand and pulled back a little to see him better. "Next time I sing a song about you, do try to be there." Her eyes lit up teasingly.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Noboru was hot on her heels, entering the water with a splash as he leaped in, his puppy paws paddling furiously to keep his head above water.

If he had been thinking clearly, he would of never reached out, and before he realized it her hand was touching his own. Kissing was certainly a temptation, but as brave as the Badger was, he would never make such a move without a sign from Imane, not before they were married at least.

Still as she backed away, he almost stepped forwards to take her into his embrace, but the urge was pushed down as he stepped back as well, turning his hand so they could lock fingertips,at her words his lips curled into a amused smile. "Nothing could keep me from it Imane-san,." There was a small pause as he continued his own tone teasing. "And if you don't mind it being off key, I'll sing for you as well."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Fortunately for Noboru, Asha seemed to be a better rescue dog than anything Imane had trained her to do. Whenever the other puppy started to go under, she would pull him back up again to flop on her back. It was useful since the humans seemed distracted and Almatar was just watching with mild bemusement.

The Shiotome couldn't help it. A moment's locked fingertips felt like minutes but she was surprisingly quick as she turned the gesture into a forearm handshake. "This is how we greet each other Daisuke-san. One warrior to another."

Her blue-grey eyes focused intently on his. "Everyone can sing, with enough encouragement... Although kumis and sake helps some more than others.". She flashed perfect teeth as she smiled up at him.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu May 04, 2017 9:34 pm

It only took a few such flops before he figured swimming really wasn't for him, and soon enough he was back on shore, shaking water from his coat as he bounded up onto a nearby rock, king of the puppy world.

"It seems dangerous." He murmured, before giving a small tug on her hand like he would pull her closer, though there was not enough strength in it to actually move her. "I suppose that might be the point though?"

His eyes move to her lips for a moment as she smiled lingering for a few moments, before they returned to hers. "I think I'll manage without the sake. I may be as pink as a cherry blossom though... At least the first time."

Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to Orochi's Fall